Saturday, June 02, 2012

Rawr! I Live In Water!

Okay, sort of more like hanging out on a friend's hands soon...

Just finished sewing on the mouth for the left and right mittens. This was a challenge as I have to stitch the mouth on a completed mitten.

Photobucket


The pinning went alright (rosewood pins from the Knit and Knot):

Photobucket


You'll notice the big, flat bamboo spoon in the photo. I had to come up with a way to stitch the mouth on while keeping the shape of the mitten, while I also kept from stitching the mitten accidentally closed. I don't have a darning egg or darning mushroom, although I'm not sure that would have worked given the shape of the egg or mushroom. The flat spoon worked much better as you can see from the final result:

Photobucket

Photobucket


And to quote the Child O' Mine: "Rawr! I live in water!"

Photobucket


Next up: knitting the fins, adding the teeth and eyes.