Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Plague Returns

Usually it doesn't hit until January, but apparently it has arrived early. This week began with a cold, a fever, sore throat, as well as losing my voice for three days. I had a brief reprieve yesterday, and then was hit even harder today, once again losing my voice. This lack of voice is going to set me back *months* in talking.

In the midst of the plague haze, while holding down the couch with the basset hound lapdog Tank, there was a knock on the door. Fortunately for me, it was not Death. It was my order from Jimmy Beans Wool.


Photobucket



I had DPNs missing from my collection, and since I've been knitting hats and gloves like no one is manufacturing except for me, I filled in the gaps.

Photobucket



My gift knitting yarns arrived, too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Finally, there was a little something-something for myself. It was through a generous holiday/thank you gift certificate from a friend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I plan to knit this wrap from it.