Saturday, December 22, 2012

Meanwhile, back at the ranch no one really missed Timmy.

Because we're all enamored with this Treads pattern for fingerless gloves!

The red color distorts the photos enough that I had to do some funky work with the photo program.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I love the lateral braid, even if it drives me a bit bonkers. I just get into a rhythm and then something happens and I forget where I'm at, then I go back and tink around to straighten myself out, and begin again. It's worth it.

The definition of the patterns aren't great also due to the type of yarn I'm using: GGH cashmere. I've had this for years, and actually this yarn was frogged from another pair of fingerless mittens that just didn't fit well any longer. So the softness of the yarn blurs the stitch definition in the photo, but it's lovely in person.