Sunday, February 01, 2015

Cozy Kick

We've been under a Winter Storm Warning since yesterday 7 pm, and it doesn't look like it will lift until tonight around 9 pm. Seriously big snow this time, prediction is between 10" to 12"+. We'll see what happens...

Meanwhile, I have been on a bit of a cozy kick lately. It helps use up the half skeins of lovely wool I've had in my stash for a while now. The latest mug cozy/cover is for a friend. I made it to match the fingerless mitts I knit her early last year. It's based on several different hat patterns I've used in the past few yars.


 photo mug1_zps6cb0d205.jpg


 photo mug2_zps5b754479.jpg


* * *
Needles
US 8 - 5.0 mm double-points

Yarn
Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted

How much?
0.25 skeins = 52.5 yards (48.0 meters), 25 grams

Colorway
Loro barranquero

Purchased at
Knit & Knot in Bettendorf, Iowa