Sunday, March 31, 2024

March Shenangians


 And I'm back for the monthly fiber update!

I've multiple projects on the go: the pink sparkly scarf that I decided to do a puff stitch crochet, the silk & cashmere scarf that I've decided to do as a sampler style of crochet and knit stitches, and a baby blanket for a colleague.

I'm so pleased with how this is turning out. And still surprised how much I adore it for not being a fan about shades of pink.





This is the silk and cashmere from 2007. I decided to do stitches that are various types of patterns. And I quite enjoy it.




I got to the part where I wanted to do something with chain ply, but I don't have a spinning wheel or electric wheel. So I opted to crochet chain the yarn. 









I've quite a bit to go, but I find it meditative when I'm listening to my various favorite podcasts. I do have to limit it to about 30 mins at a time, max of 4 hours per day and do plenty of stretches to keep carpal tunnel at bay.

The baby blanket has had a lot of stops and starts. I'd try one pattern, then another, then just become frustrated with the yarn. I really hate working with 100% acrylic, but I don't know if even superwash wool would work for the person that will be gifted it. The yarn is soft, but the fucker is so splitty. I hope it holds up with use and multiple wash/dry cycles.









Next month, I'll have further updates, and possibly some spinning?