Sunday, February 18, 2024

Guess Who's Back

It's been a long, stressful, exhausting seven years away from the blog. 

 But here we are... 

First thing, I do not have another dog. Right now, I'm just too busy with my own work, my podcast, and several other items to take care of one. And also, they won't be Tank. 

In the years I've been away, I have still managed to knit and crochet. Reduced my stash by gifting the yarns, if not using my stash to knit for folx. I'm trying to reduce it further because really, as the book says, No One Wants Your Shit (good book, highly recommend it). I've plans to go through and sort the remaining yarns and match them up with future projects. I've also plans to go through old projects and if I've not been wearing them, either gift them or frog them for reuse. I do have it on my list to do Project Completion History 2017 to 2024 to catch y'all up to speed.

I've roving and my spindles, and I'm trying to figure out how to get back into that craft without pissing off my osteoarthritis. 

Meanwhile, I decided that if I'm going to jumpstart this blog, I'm going to learn additional crochet stitches. I found one that's dead easy, one row repeat, and works beautifully with the Rose Gold merino yarn I bought from Celtic Memory eons ago (serious, back in 2007 or was it 2010?) Anyway, I talk about that yarn over here. And you may remember I'm not a fan of pink, but YOWZA. This pattern works well with it. 

I'm also getting back into stitching: cross-stitch as well as embroidery.

Stay tuned...