Friday, July 13, 2012

Beautiful Yarn, But How Does It Knit Up?

This is something one should keep in mind when buying yarn. Colors and textures thrill me to no end, as I'm sure it does for many of you, too.

I fell hard for that sexy Berroco Lustra in teal (it's a wool/tencel mixture). Unfortunately, the Mesh Cardigan I'm trying to knit is not suited to this yarn. If you've not knit with a tencel mix, it acts like silk - no give. And as the pattern rows have many SKP repeats, it was giving me fits. I couldn't get the yarn to give just that bit more to make it comfortable to use. And the knitted material suffered for it.

Photobucket


Hit the frog pond doing a 140 mph and I didn't look back. The yarn is now quietly tucked up, waiting to see what better pattern will suit it.

I then popped over to Knit and Knot, and bought some Encore:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'll cast on the sweater after I finish up with Dead Fish Hat 2. I'm getting close to the end...