Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sucked Into The Yarn Vortex

The cousin (who also knits) made a quick visit this weekend. As always, it was too short a time and loads of fun. Among other activities, I took her to Knit & Knot for seduction...and it worked. (Of course!) And I admired her restraint and stayed on budget.

I, however, will probably be noshing on Ramen noodles for a week or two. These are worth it:

 photo photo1_zps56b1bd99.jpg


The WoolBuddy is "Quint," but I've named him Sharky (after the character in "Eek! The Cat").

 photo photo2_zpsb837ee09.jpg

 photo photo3_zps374aa033.jpg

 photo photo4_zps817eacca.jpg


I blame cabin fever for the next two purchases. This is such a beautiful winter white/natural color, and throw in silver sparkly. Mine.

 photo photo4copy_zpsf51ce390.jpg

 photo photo5_zps71a7f68c.jpg

 photo photo3copy_zpsa8bb88f4.jpg


 photo photo2copy_zpse7862fce.jpg

 photo photo1copy_zpsb1f1003b.jpg


And really, even cabin fever isn't enough for me to justify this purchase. Pink. I know! Who am I anymore?! I think the erratic hormones have wrecked havoc. It's so much lovelier in person, though...

 photo pink1_zps9b784ff3.jpg

 photo pink2_zps3fd3cbc9.jpg


I know, I know. They're laceweight. I don't knit lace. I thought about crocheting them. Or knitting a pair of hand warmers out of them. I'm not sure yet. However, I have them. I pet them, and admire their colors and sheen.

31 days, 20 hours to the first day of Spring!