Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry, Merry!

My girl and her beau were in town for the holiday, and it was a wonderful time having them here!

The Beau loved his new scarf, the color looked absolutely dreamy on him with his skin tone, and of course it doesn't hurt that he's not hard on the eyes to begin with! To respect his privacy, I cropped the photo to just the scarf...

 photo yarn5_zpse03f7294.jpg

 photo beau_scarf_zps852237f3.jpg


And the girl! She loved her winter hat - I was so happy. I made her wear it for at least 20 minutes. I got an eyeroll from her, but she complied as I had put a lot of work and money into that hat.

 photo scrunchie_hat_zps4d1f1ddf.jpg

 photo hat_6_zps3327524e.jpg

 photo hat_8_zpsc714df28.jpg

 photo hat_5_zps8090c632.jpg

 photo tilli1_zps8a4b60e9.jpg

 photo tilli2_zps877ddac6.jpg

* * *
Needles
US 7 - 4.5 mm

Yarn used
273 yards

Yarn
Plymouth Yarn Angora
How much?
1.5 skeins = 73.5 yards (67.2 meters), 15 grams
Colorway - Cream

Yarn
Plymouth Yarn Encore Colorspun Worsted
How much?
0.65 skeins = 130.0 yards (118.9 meters), 65 grams
Colorway - 29 Pink

Yarn
Tilli Tomas Flurries
How much?
1 skein = 70.0 yards (64.0 meters), 50 grams
Colorway - Hush

Notes
There’s six layers/rings:

Ring 1: Encore with angora
Ring 2: Tilli Tomas Flurries - Hush (knit rows, Encore)
Ring 3: Tilli Tomas Flurries - Hush (knit rows, Encore)
Ring 4: Tilli Tomas Flurries - Hush (knit rows, Encore)
Ring 5: Tilli Tomas Flurries - Hush (knit rows, Encore)
Ring 6: Encore with angora
Crown: Encore with angora

* * *
And with that, my holiday and birthday (both the girl and beau have holiday birthdays) knitting is complete. I can knit any fucking thing I want with no deadlines - woohoo! I feel like dancing!