Sunday, June 05, 2011

FO #14 - Monster 1

Remember Iris the Gourmet Monster kit?

She is done!

Prior to being pulled together:

Photobucket


I want to proudly point out how I turned the heels on Iris' legs/feet!

Photobucket


Big ass bag of polyfiber - no name brand that was on sale at Michael's:

Photobucket


After trying out three types of seaming, I went with a drawstring type closure so Iris would seat better:

Photobucket

Photobucket


As the designer, Rebecca Danger, suggested I didn't stuff the entire legs and arms, just the feet and hands.

Photobucket


I'm not too proud to admit that I suck ass at sewing and hemming. Another reason I'll never be a surgeon...

Photobucket


So far so good - I thought about the eyes being off-kilter and decided to keep them like that:

Photobucket


Time for some teeth:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Ta-dah!

Photobucket


Iris was hanging out when I realized she may look better with a belly button that is the Danger Craft touch:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


While I can't sew or hem, I kick ass in embroidering belly buttons!

Photobucket


Tank is cool with the new addition, kind of:

Photobucket


Tank: She's fine. She goes after my marrow bones, I'll bite the bitch.