Sunday, May 08, 2011

Gorgeous Spring Weekend!

What an unusual weekend.

Since my birthday is in the spring, the weather is usually volatile and quickly changing...rarely do I get to enjoy a birthday without storms and/or cold temps. However, yesterday was sunshine and upper 70's all day and today is going to be a bit warmer and even more sunny!

To celebrate my bday, I did a bit of shopping when I went to visit Jill...I know you'll be stunned that it centered around knitting.

First item up, Bernat Jacquard yarns (which Amy had at SnB) that I ordered directly from Bernat when Joann Fabrics (aka Montana) and Evilmart didn't have the colors in stock that I wanted. The package arrived and was waiting for me on Friday.

In order: Lemon Pie, Macaroon, Strawberry Jam, Bluebell, Rosebud, Petunia, and Orange Blossom.

Photobucket


The florals:

Photobucket


The sweets:

Photobucket


Next up, I'm going to knit the Origami Cardi for myself and in an effort to get other colors into my knitting, the women at Ewe-Nique Yarns Etc. helped me pick out a gorgeous brown (colorway: 5179 = "Chocolate").

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


However, the shop only had 6 skeins. I was doing some research on Ravelry (what a time-saver this site is!) and found I was going to need at least 2 more skeins. So, better safe than sorry, as the Gran says...I bought 4 skeins from Jimmy Beans Wool.

Meanwhile, since I keep getting email updates from them, I also bought a pair of circular needles from Signature Needle Arts...the new size 8. I thought they'd look perfect when using them with the Berroco Vintage yarn in "chocolate" brown. (What? You *know* they will!)

Also, I was looking for another summer knitting bag to use when my canvas knitting bag is in the middle of another big project:

Photobucket

Photobucket


I couldn't resist the wee notions bag staring at me in the same display shelf (let's hear it for birthday money!):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Finally, I was just browsing while the enabler Jill checked out. I saw this, didn't feel overcome with desire to add it to my stash until I saw the label.

Photobucket


Yes, you know that this will be used for a project for a certain Child O'Mine:

Photobucket

Photobucket


I put it in natural light, hoping y'all could see the glinting silver bits in it:

Photobucket


* * *
In other news, I finished another baby item - but won't be able to post it until after the upcoming shower.

I'm still cranking along on the baby carrier cover/blanket, too.

* * *

I hope wherever you are today and in whatever manner you may be fulfilling the role as a mother (children, animals, family, friends, etc.) - that it's a lovely day for Mother's Day!