Sunday, May 22, 2011

Monster Knitting Bash - The Book

That's right, the patterns I bought weren't enough monster for me and my plans. I bought the book, too!

Photobucket
[CLICK THE PHOTO FOR BOOK INFORMATION]


The ones that I found most charming, right of the bat...

Angus the Attic Monster

Photobucket


I'm going to see if a friend would be willing to sew up a wee kilt for the Angus. (If you could only see how I'm cracking myself up over here with that plan!)



Gabby the Garden Monster

Photobucket


And for a friend who's in need of some cheering after health issues have plagued her since last fall, Dot the Dress-up Box Monster

Photobucket


I like this book because of the directions. I want to have fun knitting it and don't want to be bothered with figuring out any minute details to change it a bit between monsters.

Once the baby carrier blanket is complete, I'm knitting a monster or two before more knitting of baby items! This also means another trip to Montana (aka Jo-Ann Fabrics) for supplies for the monsters.

* * *
In other news, the QC SnB Heart Walk Team did it again! We raised almost $300 for the American Heart Association of the Quad Cities:

Photobucket

Unfortunately, two team members weren't able to join us that morning for various reasons. We missed you guys!