Monday, August 01, 2011

How *You* Doin'?

I'm back from Chicago, and feeling a bit giddy from my recent purchases.

First up, Cascade's Heritage Silk Yarn:

Photobucket


Aren't they gorgeous?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And the project? These I'm going to try to do for myself this fall, Wintergreen Gloves:

Photobucket

Photobucket



The women at Loopy Yarns thought the Heritage Silk was perfect for the project. I bought some needles to go with the project I'll be knitting:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



I also fell down in the sock area when I saw this and knew there was no way I was going to wear it on my feet:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


A friend asked me to knit him some socks, okay, I'm feeling better about the sock game at this point, so I said, "Sure!" This was the yarn he picked out:

Photobucket

Photobucket


I decided that while he is comfortable enough in stereotypical idea of "manliness" that I had better add some sock yarn to it, to give the socks some shape. So I did a stash dive and came up with this to kit with it:

Photobucket



Meanwhile, someone was worn out from playing all weekend with her friend, Xena. This is what Tank did after I finally put away my suitcase:

Photobucket



Two hours later I came in to go to sleep, this is what she was doing:

Photobucket

I missed my Tank.