Thursday, December 22, 2011

Nothing Says "Holidays!" Like Festive Plant Death

By the way, this has nothing to do with knitting...

Photobucket


When I got back to work on Monday (I was out on Friday from last week's bad trip that wasn't the result of a hoochfest, but a massive sinus infection gone nasty), there was a very large poinsettia plant in our office.

At the best of times, I'm able to limp plants along until someone rescues it by taking it far away from me. At the worst of times, I'm the Archangel of Plant Death. So it was strange that someone would willingly (willfully?) bring a beautiful plant into my office area.

I took a look at it and saw that quite a few of the leaves were curled up and dead. So, I went to water it and the plant promptly shed half of itself. Seriously. *HALF* of it was on the floor by the time I got it watered.

Now, I pride myself on efficiency, but not even I can work that fast on a plant unless its accidental cremation.

I cleaned it up as best I could but honestly, at that point all that would help it would have been a medical power of attorney and a personal directive for no heroic measures.

Later that morning, the person that had brought the plant in just about fell over in shock when she saw its condition. I explained that she might have forgotten to water it before leaving for the weekend.

We're now on Day 4 of Poinsettia Death Watch 2011.

Tomorrow I will have to get Kevorkian with it.