Sunday, January 15, 2012

FO #2: Friend's Knitted Scarf

I've begun a new course, Psychopathology and Counseling, which is a fascinating course but I'm going to have be on top of all the reading for it...and watch the lecture videos this time around. Hey, if you had seen the research video, you would have totally fallen asleep, too. And never watched another one.

I'm also at a point with this obsessive hobby that I can't watch something without knitting in hand. I wanted something while watching the psychopathology lecture videos, but interesting enough I wouldn't be starting a UFO pile with it by next week.

Enter the textured stripes scarf:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


* * * *
The down and dirty details:

Yarn(s): Plymouth Baby Alpaca Worsted (doubled)

Pattern: textured stripes scarf

Purchased: Knit and Knot Yarn Boutique

Needles: size 9 US

Time: for me - 8 hours; for most knitters, 3 hours

* * * *

Two finished objects in three weeks, whew! I'm getting faster!

Photobucket


Time to get working on another scarf for a friend:

Photobucket



Meanwhile, Tank weighs in on the photo session:

Photobucket
Eh. Wool. Alpaca. Silk. I'm more interested in that cup you had hot chocolate in up there on the shelf...any left?