Friday, January 20, 2012

Just Because...

Last week, someone I know sent herself flowers. I think she said something along the lines about a girl has to look after herself. I couldn't agree more!

I sent myself yarn.

I knew from reading my history in the browser that I had been hitting Jimmy Beans Wool site quite a bit. And specifically spending large amounts of time on the Malabrigo Worsted section. I knew I would be pleased when Malabrigo would arrive:

Photobucket


Oh! I was so thrilled I had been so thoughtful to get the yarn I've been lusting after the most, well, at least in the past six months (Oceanos, worsted weight).

Okay, all kidding aside, I also really wanted some yarn to go with the Malabrigo Mitts of Utter Comfort and Happiness:

Photobucket


The cuffs are too short to guard against drafts up a coat sleeve. Even Pooh knows those cuffs are too minimal:

Photobucket


They're going to look great with reverse stockinette stitch cuffs!

Photobucket