Sunday, January 16, 2011

Damn it, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a sock knitter!

Bones was always my favorite on the show...

Progress is slow, but so far, little swearing has occurred during the one set of increases recommended by the pattern book.

Photobucket


However, I've had to mark myself up:

Photobucket


I felt absolutely foolish doing such a thing. For socks! I mean, it's not a medical procedure, is it?

Then I remembered how my other socks turned out and I felt less foolish for trying something new - that might actually work.

Here's the progress to date:

Photobucket


I have a wee bit more to go before the next "Major Step" in this sock knitting business.

But isn't this a great looking sock so far?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And I am just *loving* the yarn. I can't tell you how much it makes me happy. Of course, this is happiness is tinged with the ludicrous hope that this time, this time by the knitting gods, I may actually have socks that I knit which fit nicely and are not boring to knit.

This may be asking too much in the hope department.

Then again, I did get married three times.

I can justify hope in any situation.