Wednesday, January 05, 2011

The Lurgy Continued

For most of the population, watching someone knit is as exciting as making a day out of watching paint dry on the side of a barn.

Watching someone knitting a sock and turning a heel may put them into a coma.

But I'm willing to take that chance and post the great Plague of 2011 Turning of the Heel!

Getting set up to turn the heel - I used a circ so I don't think I'm continuing to knit in the round:

Photobucket


Said circ in action (notice lack of anticipation of action):

Photobucket


The heel turn I do, because I prefer to do toe-up socks if I'm going to knit any at all, is the short row heel. However, since I rarely knit socks, I need to brush up on the technique. Thank the knitting gods for YouTube!

Photobucket


At this point, I was getting bored with it and my throat was starting to get more painful...

Photobucket


I thought about getting into my throat lozenges...

Photobucket


Instead going for the ice pop:

Photobucket


And since it's practically impossible to knit and suck on an ice pop, I decided the sock and I would do some internet browsing:

Photobucket


After finding out that kd lang may or may not go on tour in 2011, I thought a movie might help me in finishing the sock's heel:

Photobucket


Hello Netflix instant viewing!

Photobucket


We now have a heel:

Photobucket


I have to finish knitting up over the ankle and then the cuff:

Photobucket


Meanwhile, it's more naps and ice pops hoping the antibiotics start kicking the lurgy ass soon.