Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Obsess Much?

I enjoy texture knitting. Cables, seed stitch, moss stitch, rice stitch, sand stitch, and star stitch. I wonder if that's why I find socks so boring to knit? Just plain knitting row after row.

I try to do something each year that I've not done before whether it's a stitch or a type of pattern. Last year I began a wrap that is knit side-to-side in 1 x 1 ribbing. I've done that before with a kimono-style sweater. So I can't say that it's anything new I was trying.

Then there was the pug toy doll - now that was new in that I had not knit an animal toy before...voodoo doll, sure, but not something that was supposed to resemble an actual mammal. So, that was my new thing to learn for 2010.

This year I want to do more new things and find out what I like and what I don't like...and this? Well, this I adore:

Photobucket


And every day I look at it.

Every.

Day.

It's the Notre Dame De Grace.

I was poking around the Interweave site and saw took a look in the magazine issue this pattern was in, and well...there's the Origami Cardi that I really liked, and in my never-ending quest for the Sweater of Not So Much Shame - Garter Stitch Pup. Go ahead, go take a look, I'll wait...

See what I mean? So I bought the back issue with the patterns. Next step is to find any errata (hello, Ravelry) and go from there.

I'm no longer going to put off knitting sweaters because I'm concerned they won't fit the boobs, arms or shoulders.